Definition: Atlanta Metropolitan State College welcomes international students looking to study in the United States. A student is considered an international student, if they meet any of the conditions listed below:
- You are living outside the United States and will require an F-1 (student) visa to study in the United States.
- You are not a U.S. citizen or permanent resident and are currently studying in the United States on an F-1 (student) Visa and wish to transfer to Atlanta Metropolitan State College.
- You are currently in the United States on some other type of visa and want to change your status to an F-1 (student) Visa.
The Office of Recruitment & Admissions will guide you through the submission of documents and the completion of your file and determine your admissibility to Atlanta Metropolitan State College.
Once you have been admitted, you will receive an email from the Office of the Registrar with the next steps on requesting Form I-20 (F-1 Students).
- Complete and submit the admissions application
- $20.00 non-refundable application fee (currently waived)
- Submit proof of high school completion.
- Professional evaluations required showing the equivalent of a U. S. High School Diploma. A list of professional evaluators is below:
- Official transcript from all colleges attended. Translated and evaluated course-by-course transcript evaluations. Professional Credential evaluations required.
- If a transcript is in a language other than English, an official English translation must accompany the original transcript. Atlanta Metropolitan State College currently accepts evaluations from the following agencies:
Foreign Credential Evaluations
Atlanta Metropolitan State College requires international credential evaluation for international students who have attended colleges or universities outside the U.S.
Students must apply for a course-by-course evaluation through a NACES-approved academic credential verification service. The credential verification service must send an official copy of this report to the Office of Recruitment & Admissions either electronically or by mail.
Many of our applicants have worked with these Professional Credential Evaluation companies. If you would like to do so, choose one of the following:
||Josef Silny & Associates, Inc.
450 Seventh Avenue,
New York, NY 10123
Phone: (646) 475-2570
Fax Number 713-789-6022
SpanTran Application - Atlanta Metropolitan College
|7101 SW 102 Avenue
Miami, FL 33173
Tel: (305) 273-1616
Fax: (305) 273-1338
Translation Fax: (305) 273-1984
|World Education Services
||Global Credential Evaluators, Inc.
PO Box 745, Old Chelsea Station
New York, NY 10113-0745
Tel: (800) 937-3895
Fax: (212) 966-6311
|PO Box 9203
College Station, TX 77842
Tel: (979) 690-8912
Fax: (512) 528-9293
||Atlanta Metropolitan State College In-House International High School Credential Evaluation
|PO Box 407
Auburn, AL 36831-0407
Tel: (334) 745-0425
Fax: (334) 745-0425
Atlanta Metropolitan State College provides an in-house evaluation on high school international academic documents (transcripts, mark sheets, certificates, leaving examination results, etc.) that are presented in English.
Official High School Transcripts / Mark Sheet (3 consecutive academic years) in English.
All documents must be submitted by a verified school official. Documents submitted by students will be considered unofficial unless they can be verified online by a national or regional examination board. Unofficial documents will not be processed unless they can be verified.
Please provide your scratch card information so we can verify your WAEC results as soon as possible. We will be using the exam board's online results checker and need the following details:
- Examination Number:
- Examination Year:
- Examination Type (School or Private):
- Card Serial Number:
- Card PIN:
Send Information to Office of Recruitment & Admissions: email@example.com
- Proof of English Language Proficiency for applicants whose first language is not English.
- Applicants whose first language is not English must provide proof of English proficiency documented by at least one of the tests listed below. For more information go to https://www.collegeboard.com or https://www.ets.org.
English Proficiency Requirements
||Minimum Score for Admission
|Computer TOEFL (No Longer Available)
|SAT Critical Reading or English, reading & writing
|ACT English or Reading
|MELAB (Michigan English Language Assessment Battery)
|Cambridge CAE (Certificate of Advanced English)
||169 (old scale 52)
|Cambridge CPE (Certificate of Proficiency in English)
|Cambridge International Examinations (CIE) IGCSE and "0" Level "English" Exams
||"D" or Better
|UK GCSE "English" Exam
||"C" or Better
|UK GCE A-Level "English" Exam
||"C" or Better
|EdExcel International A-Levels and IGCSE English Exams
||"D" or Better
|Pearson (PTE) Academic
|A waiver can be granted to students from countries where English is the native language and/or the official language for academic instruction
||Per USG Campus Review
- Copy of Valid Passport or Current Visa
- International Student Identification and Contact Information (provides applicant's identification information, current U.S., Address, E-Mail Address, current phone number, and foreign address). Click here for form.
- Statement of Finance from student showing $27, 500 USD-have proof of financial support to study one year. This must be official, no copies, and not greater than 90 days old on bank letterhead stationary.
- An International Student Financial Statement Form (provides applicant identification information, names of dependents who will accompany the applicant to the United States, names of sponsors who will provide financial support, and the name of a contact person in the United States who may assist applicant with receiving and sending information). Click here for form.
- A Letter of Support from Sponsor(s) (confirms that the sponsor is committed to providing financial support to the applicant) . Click here for form.
- Required supporting financial document: Bank Letter (s) (verifies the amount of money sponsors have available to support the applicant for two semesters). Must be an original letter on company letterhead stating account holder's name, personal account, when open and current status and funds in U.S. Dollars.
- An International Student Transfer Form (provides release of I-20 from college or university where applicant is currently a student). Click here for form.
- Certificate of Immunization
- Certificate of Immunization signed by a health care provider. Click here to download Certificate.
Requirements: International Students Admissions Checklist
An international student applicant must meet the admissions requirements listed below:
- Apply to college (can be completed online at https://www.gafutures.org)
- Certificate of Immunization
- Copy of current passport, current visa papers, or I-94 card (if appropriate)
- Student Financial Statement of Support Form and current bank letter
- Sponsor Affidavit of support (Form I-134), and current bank letter
- Out of Country Address Form
- Official high school transcript or appropriate examination results: SpanTran Application - Atlanta Metropolitan College
- Official college transcripts (if applicable): SpanTran Application - Atlanta Metropolitan College
- English Proficiency Exam (Applicants whose first language is not English must provide proof of English proficiency)
||Application and Priority
|Fall (Begins in August)
|Spring (Begins in January)
Other Important Links
International Student Immigration Services
Immigration Rules and Regulations
Location: Student Services and Success Center(Building 650)
Office of Recruitment & Admissions
Atlanta Metropolitan State College
1630 Metropolitan Parkway
Atlanta, GA 30310
To request a copy of the Clery Annual Security Report or view the Daily Crime Log, contact the AMSC Police Department at 404-756-4477 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Atlanta Metropolitan State College Clery Website: https://www.atlm.edu/about-amc/clery.aspx