Center for Academic Advising and Student Success (CAAS)
Students virtually meet with Professional Academic Success Advisors (ASAs) through online platforms to discuss educational and career plans based on their guided pathway program of study/major. Students may schedule a virtual appointment with their assigned ASA anytime during the semester. Students are assigned an ASA within their first month of college and remain with their designated advisor until graduation. Students should check their AMSC email addresses frequently for pertinent information from CAAS and their designated ASA.
CAAS' Mission - To help students become Inter-Generational 21st Century Graduates.
CAAS' Purpose - To provide advisement, registration, and academic support services that promote student success.
CAAS' Vision - AMSC is a college where students from diverse backgrounds can succeed and become college graduates.
CAAS' Motto - Advise. Study. Tutor. Succeed.
CAAS' Strategic Goals -
- Defining and clarifying academic and career goals
- Selecting an appropriate program of study/major
- Identifying academic support systems
- Monitoring academic status and performance
- Selecting courses that lead to graduation
Academic Advising Tips
- Academic Advising (Undergraduate Advising & Registration, Graduation Check-Ups, Academic Holds Release, Academic Plans, Change of Major, Academic (Early Alerts), Academic Appeals, Hardship Withdrawals, Graduation Audits
- Academic Support (Supplemental Instruction, group Tutoring, One-on-One Tutoring, Peer Tutoring, Academic Success Workshops
- Academic Programs (Achieve Atlanta, African American Male Initiative (AAMI), Trailblazer Student Institute (TSI),YearUp
Stay on Track for Graduation
Student Office Hours
Helpdesk and Academic Support Regular Office Hours (Fall and Spring)
Monday-Thursday 8:30 a.m. - 6:00 p.m.
Friday 8:30 a.m. - 12:00 p.m.
Saturday & Sunday - Closed
Main Number: 404-756-4784
Location: Library/Administration Building-600
3rd Floor, Suite 313
Academic Support/Help Desk
Main Number: 404-756-5690
Location: Library/Administration - 600
3rd Floor, Suite 313
Sharon R. Duhart, CAAS Director, eCore Campus Liaison
TSI & AAMI Program Director
Imoro Futa, Academic Success Advisor II
Brittanni Polidore, Academic Tutoring & Technology Lab Assistant
BrightSpace (D2L), Assistance, Student Email/Password Resets, Student Portal Navigation
Amanuel Belete, Front Desk Clerk
Student Assistant (Part-time)
Regina Rawls, Academic Success Advisor III, Lead
Michael Sizemore, Academic Success Advisor II
Erica Taylor, Academic Case Manager,
Professional Academic Advisor & Case Manager for Achieve Atlanta