Atlanta Metropolitan State College
The Admissions Office is your first step for getting into AMSC.
Admissions Requirements for International Students
- Complete and submit the admissions application on the GAfutures. Or, click here for a printable admissions application.
- Provide a $20 application fee paid by check or money order in U.S. dollars (non-refundable)
- Submit an official high school transcripts, transcript evaluations
- Provide an official College transcript for each college attended (photo copies, faxes and emails are not acceptable), along with transcript evaluations. Evaluations from the following agencies are accepted by Atlanta Metropolitan State College:
PO Box 407
Auburn, AL 36831-0407
Tel: (334) 745-0425
Fax: (334) 745-0425
Josef Silny & Associates, Inc.
7101 SW 102 Avenue
Miami, FL 33173
Tel: (305) 273-1616
Fax: (305) 273-1338
Translation Fax: (305) 273-1984
World Education Services
PO Box 745, Old Chelsea Station
New York, NY 10113-0745
Tel: (800) 937-3895
Fax: (212) 966-6311
Global Credential Evaluators, Inc.
PO Box 9203
College Station, TX 77842
Tel: (979) 690-8912
Fax: (512) 528-9293
- Certificate of Immunization signed by a health care provider. Click here to download Certificate
- Applicants whose first language is not English must provide proof of English proficiency documented by at least one of the tests listed below. For more information go to https://www.collegeboard.com or https://www.ets.org.
English Proficiency Requirements
||Minimum Score for Admission
|Computer TOEFL (No Longer Available)
|SAT Critical Reading
|MELAB (Michigan English Language Assessment Battery)
|Cambridge CAE (Certificate of Advanced English)
||169 (old scale 52)
|Cambridge CPE (Certificate of Proficiency in English)
|Cambridge International Examinations (CIE) IGCSE and "0" Level "English" Exams
||"D" or Better
|UK GCSE "English" Exam
||"C" or Better
|UK GCE A-Level "English" Exam
||"C" or Better
|EdExcel International A-Levels and IGCSE English Exams
||"D" or Bettter
|Pearson (PTE) Academic
| A waiver can be granted to students from countries where English is the native language and/or the official language for academic instruction
||Per USG Campus Review
- An International Student Financial Statement Form (provides applicant identification information, names of dependents who will accompany the applicant to the United States, names of sponsors who will provide financial support, and the name of a contact person in the United States who may assist applicant with receiving and sending information). Click here if sponsor is not a U.S. Citizen. Click here if sponsor is a U.S. Citizen.
- A Letter of Support from Sponsor(s) (confirms that the sponsor is committed to providing financial support to the applicant)
- Bank Letter (s) (verifies the amount of money sponsors have available to support the applicant for two semesters). Must be on company letterhead stating account holderâ€™s name, personal account, when open and current status and funds in U.S. Dollars.
- International Student Identification and Contact Information (provides applicant's identification information, current U.S., Address, E-Mail Address, current phone number, and foreign address). Click here for form.
- An International Student Transfer Form (provides release of I-20 from college or university where applicantis currently a student). Click here for form.
- Copy of current Passport and Visa
Deadlines for Application
|Fall (Begins in August)
|Spring (Begins in January)
Coordinator, Student Conduct/Veteran's Affairs/DSO