Application Process and Deadline
To apply for financial aid a student must complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) each year.
Students may complete the FAFSA application by clicking here or at www.fafsa.gov . Atlanta Metropolitan State College's school code is '012165' and must be listed on the FAFSA application.
What is the Free Application for Federal Student Aid?
The Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) is the application that a student must complete to apply for the following financial aid programs that are available at Atlanta Metropolitan State College:
- Federal Pell Grant
- Federal Supplemental Educational Opportunity Grant (SEOG)
- Federal Work-Study Program
- Federal Subsidized Stafford Loan
- Federal Unsubsidized Stafford Loan
- Federal Parent Plus Loan
- HOPE Scholarship
Additional Request Forms are required for HOPE Scholarship, Loans, and Federal Work-Study. Click on Forms on main Financial Aid page.
Completing Your File
A student's financial aid file must consist of the following items before aid can be awarded:
- A valid FAFSA received by the semester's deadline date that does not have to be corrected or correction has been made by the deadline. *A Rejected FAFSA is not valid.
- If required, the appropriate years' federal tax transcripts from the Internal Revenue Service and verification worksheet.
- Any other requested documents submitted by the deadline.
- Officially accepted for admissions to the college; all documents and records submitted to the Admissions Office by the financial aid deadline
- Upon completion of file, a student will receive an award letter, if eligible.
- Students are encouraged to check financial aid status via the “Student Portal”
To ensure that financial aid funds are available to students to pay their fees at registration, the Financial Aid Office must receive the FAFSA information and any other required and requested documents by the following deadlines: