Transfer Evaluation and Credit By Examination
CLICK HERE FOR INFORMATION REGARDING HOW COURSE WORK WILL TRANSFER TO AMSC
Transcripts are evaluated in the order they are received and are typically completed within 2-3 weeks. Once completed, credits awarded may be viewed in DegreeWorks.
Transfer credit is granted based on the following criteria:
- AMSC grants transfer credit for courses completed at regionally accredited institutions.
- Transfer credit is not awarded for Internships, Directed Studies, Practicums, Workshops, Orientation Classes, Seminar Classes, 3000/4000-level or graduate-level courses and/or remedial courses without prior approval from designated School.
- AMSC does not allow credit for work experience; Prior Learning evaluations are completed by Prior Learning Official.
- Courses will be assigned AMSC course numbers if they are determined to be equivalent.
- Grades of D will be accepted if higher grades are transferred with which to average to a 2.00 GPA.
- A grade of C or higher must have been earned in Composition courses in order to receive transfer credit for ENGL 1101 and ENGL 1102.
- Students who have completed one or more areas of the General Education requirements at a University System of Georgia (USG) school will have to meet the same areas at AMSC.
- 1 Semester hour = 1.5 Quarter hours.
- A student should e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org if courses are missing from the evaluation.
- To determine how transfer credit can be used in a particular program of study, students should meet with an advisor.
- All students seeking a degree from a University System of Georgia institution must complete the State of Georgia legislative requirements for POLS 1101 and HIST 2111/2112. Students who are awarded transfer credit for POLS 1101 and/or HIST 2111/212 from outside of Georgia, may satisfy State of Georgia legislative requirements by taking the appropriate exemption exam(s) through the School of Humanities and Social Sciences or retake the class/s.
TECHNICAL COLLEGE SYSTEM OF GEORGIA
Click on the above link for additional information.
CREDIT BY EXAMINATION
All examination credit counts as credit earned (with a grade of "K") toward graduation in terms of hours earned and course credit earned, but these hours are not applied toward institutional graduation residency requirements and they are not calculated in the graduation grade point average (gpa).
ADVANCED PLACEMENT (AP) COURSE EQUIVALENTS
Click on the above link for the Course Equivalents for your Advanced Placement test scores. Official Scores are required for credit to be awarded. For AP scores, please call 1.888.225.5427 or visit www.collegeboard.com.
Click on the above link for additional information. Scores are required for credit to be awarded. For CLEP scores call 1.800.257.9558 or visit www.collegeboard.com.
Click on the above link for a list of courses that a student may challenge for credit at Atlanta Metropolitan State College.
Click on the above link for a list of courses.
DEFENSE ACTIVITY FOR NON-TRADITIONAL EDUCATION SUPPORT (DANTES) OR DSST
DANTES DSST Exam List. DANTES Subject Standardized Tests (DSST) exams are recommended for credit by the American Council on Education (ACE). The tests cover upper and lower-level baccalaureate credit courses. These exams help students save time and money while accelerating graduation completion. Click on the above link for the Course Equivalents for your DSST Exam test scores. For more information go to https://www.military.com/education/timesaving-programs/dantes-dsst-exam-list.html