The PLA Portfolio Documentation Development Course - PLAD2000
The PLA Counselor Contact Information
Gyuheui Choi, Associate Professor of Mathematics
Office - Science Lecture Building, Room 143
Individual meetings can be scheduled either by phone or email at a time that is convenient for both the student and professor. Please contact the instructor at the contact information above to set up a meeting date/time.
Required Reading and Documents Required
The PLA Student Handbook
Application for PLA Credit
The PLA Portfolio
The steps for creating the portfolio to submit for possible credit:
- Select the course that best matches your knowledge, skills, and abilities.
- Find out if the course is available for Prior Learning Assessment (PLA). Review the courses listed on the PLA Resources page on the PLA site. If you do not find the course, contact the PLA Counselor, Gyuheui Choi, at the information provide above to ask about a course.
- Complete the Application for Credit Through Prior Learning Assessment (PLA) for each course.
- You will be notified of the faculty assessor (depends on subject area of course) to work with to verify the requirements for PLA credit.
- Develop the documentation to support your claim for the prior learning required to earn credit for the course.
- Submit your documentation for review by the faculty assessor. In some cases the faculty assessor might request the student to provide further evidence of learning.
- When the faculty assessor notifies the student that she or he is recommending that credit will be awarded, the student should submit the final portfolio including all work in electronic format to Gyuheui Choi, the PLA Counselor.
The final portfolio submission should be on CD-ROM or DVD and should include a copy of the Application for Credit Through Prior Learning Assessment and all documents, presentations, videos, or other files submitted to the faculty assessor.