Atlanta Metropolitan State College



1. How can I contact the Atlanta Metropolitan State College Veterans Affairs Office?
Please call 404-756-1266 or
2. How can I contact the Department of Veterans Affairs?
You may visit their website at, or call 1-888-442-4551
3. Where may I obtain an application for VA benefits?
Applications (VA Form 22-1990 Veteran / Active Duty or VA Form 22-5490 Survivor and Dependents) may be obtained online from VA Regional office by calling (1-888-442-4551).
4. I am a transfer student, what must I do to re-start my GI Bill at AMSC?
You must complete VA Form 22-1995 and submit it to the Financial Aid Office. If you are a dependent student and transferring schools, you must complete the Form 22-5495. These forms may be obtained online at
5. What is the VA Work-Study and who is eligible?
The VA work-study program is an excellent avenue for students to supplement their income while attending school. Generally, students are placed in the VA Office at the college or university they attend. Interested students should contact the VA Representative at the college or university they attend for position availability.
6. How do I find out if a particular program is approved for VA benefits?
All degree granting programs at AMSC are approved for VA funding.
7. Can I change my program of study?
Yes, but you must complete VA Form 22-1995 or 22-5495 and submit it to our Financial Aid Department. Also you must change your major with the Enrollment and Registration Department.
8. How long am I eligible for benefits?
Benefits end 10 years from the date of your last discharge or release of active duty, or 15 years under Post 9/11. If you need further assistance please contact VA Regional at 1-888-442-4551.
9. Can I receive Tutorial assistance?
You may receive a special allowance for individual tutoring if you train in school at one time or more. To qualify, you must have a deficiency in a subject. Go to Department of VA website and complete VA Form 22-1990t and an Application and Enrollment Certification for Individual Tutorial Assistance and submit it to the Department of VA.
10. Am I eligible for Vocational Rehabilitation?
You may be eligible for Vocational Rehabilitation if you have a service connected disability or any other disability or any other disability rated by VA at 10% or more. For more information contact the Department of VA Voc Rehabilitation department.
11. Can I get a copy of my discharge papers (DD214)?
Yes. We recommend that you contact the Military Personnel Records Center. Your questions may also be sent to:
National Personnel Records Center
Military Personnel Records Center
9700 Page Boulevard
St. Louis, MO 63136-5100
12. How can I check the status of my file or find out how much money I will be receiving after my enrollment has been certified?
You may call 1-888-442-4551 or visit