Atlanta Metropolitan State College
New Student Orientation & Confirmation Packet
All freshmen and transfer students, attending Atlanta Metropolitan State College (AMSC) for the
first time, are required to attend orientation. It is important that you make arrangements to be in
attendance throughout the entire process.
Please complete the following Orientation Registration Form for the semester you will attend: Oct. 3, 2018
New Student Orientation provides the following:
- An understanding of the benefits of earning a college education at AMSC
- Information about AMSC's academic policies, procedures, standards of conduct and dress, and extra-curricular activities
- Academic Advisement, class scheduling, and registration
- An opportunity to meet enrolled students to discuss their perception of college life at AMSC
- An opportunity to become familiar with AMSC's campus environment
- An opportunity for students, parents and/or guardians to meet the college's faculty and staff
- An opportunity for parents and/or guardians to understand the college's programs, requirements,
When to Arrive and What to Expect
- Check-in starts 45 minutes prior to the start of Orientation.
- Orientation activities will begin promptly at the time indicated on the New Student Orientation form and will be held in the Edwin A.Thompson Student Center (North
Pavilion). Do not forget to submit your Registration Form. Plan to arrive on time.
- No provisions are made for the safety of children. Please make other arrangements.
- Plan to set aside at least (4) hours to complete the New Student Orientation, Advisement
- Please enter through the main entrance off Metropolitan Pkwy. Parking is available in the
Red Parking Lot which is the first right off of the main entrance located in front of the
During New Student Orientation you will be advised regarding initial registration. Once classes begin, if you have a Learning Support requirement(s) you will receive further instructions at that time. All other students are assigned to an advisor in their program of study. A student will not be assigned an advisor until after the initial registration.
You must be accepted to the college before the Office of Financial Aid can make an award. Students who applied to Atlanta Metropolitan State College and intend on receiving financial aid for spring 2015 semester should have completed the 2014-2015 Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) at www.fafsa.gov and submitted all required documents to the Office of Financial Aid by October 15, 2014. The school code for Atlanta Metropolitan State College is 012165. After applicants have been accepted to the college and have received their PIN number, you can check your financial aid status on the AMSC Website at www.atlm.edu. Click on Financial Aid, then Check Your Financial Aid Status and follow the instructions or contact the Office of Financial Aid at (404) 756-4002.
Make college easier to pay for with a Tuition Payment Plan. Atlanta Metropolitan State College partners with Nelnet Business Solutions to let you pay tuition and fees over time, making college more affordable. My Payment Plan is a service provided which enables you to view the current status of your payment plan, account balance, payment amount and manage your account. Students must have courses registered for the current term to participate. For additional information logon to
www.MyCollegePaymentPlan.com/amc or give Nelnet Business Solutions a call at 800-609-8056. Customer service representatives are available 24/7.