Atlanta Metropolitan State College
The Atlanta Metropolitan State College Financial Aid staff is committed to providing exceptional services in finding appropriate means to assist in paying for a college education. Our goal is to assist students in financing their college education and making good choices on funding. Our staff will assist you in every facet of the financial aid process and in making your education as affordable as possible.
Steps to Apply for Financial Aid
1. Apply for a FAFSA PIN (Personal Identification Number) use to electronically sign the FAFSA application www.pin.ed.gov.
2. Both student and parent (if dependent) should apply for a PIN.
3. Have copies of your 2013 Federal Tax Transcripts (if filed) on hand to complete the FAFSA.
The AMSC School Code is 012165.
4. Complete the 2014-2015 FAFSA: www.fafsa.ed.gov
** If eligible, please use the Data Retrieval Tool option to transfer all tax information from the IrS on the FAFSA**
** Please allow 7-10 business days for processing**
** If you are having difficulties with completing the FAFSA, view this FAFSA Training Video.
View links below and on left for more information.
Financial Aid Events/Dates
General Financial Aid Office Information
|May 14, 2015
||SAP Deadline - 10 Week and 1st Mini Terms
|May 28, 2015
||SAP Deadline - 8 Week Term
|June 18, 2015
||SAP Deadline - 2nd Mini Term
* All appeals submitted after the deadline date will be reviewed at the next scheduled Committee meeting.
Dr. Michelle Chapman, Director
Mr. Lamario Primus, Asst. Director
Monday - Thursday: 8:30 am - 7:00 pm
Friday: 8:30 am - 12:00 pm
Location: Academic Building, 1st Floor
Office hours may be extended during the registration period and will be posted at that time.