Atlanta Metropolitan State College
The Atlanta Metropolitan State College Financial Aid staff is committed to providing exceptional services in finding appropriate means to assist in paying for a college education. Our goal is to assist students in financing their college education and making good choices on funding. Our staff will assist you in every facet of the financial aid process and in making your education as affordable as possible.
Steps to Apply for Financial Aid
1. Apply for a FAFSA PIN (Personal Identification Number) use to electronically sign the FAFSA application www.pin.ed.gov.
2. Both student and parent (if dependent) should apply for a PIN.
3. Have copies of your 2013 Federal Tax Transcripts (if filed) on hand
to complete the FAFSA.
The AMSC School Code is 012165.
4. Complete the 2014-2015 FAFSA: www.fafsa.ed.gov
** If eligible, please use the Data Retrieval Tool option to transfer all tax information from the IrS on the FAFSA**
** Please allow 7-10 business days for processing**
** If you are having difficulties with completing the FAFSA, view this FAFSA Training Video.
View links below and on left for more information.
Financial Aid Events/Dates
General Financial Aid Office Information
|Full, 1st Mini-mester, and 10-week - Spring 2016
||SAP Appeals Deadline - December 16, 2015
|12 Week Term - Spring 2016
||SAP Appeals Deadline - January 21, 2016
|2nd Mini-mester - Spring 2016
||SAP Appeals Deadline -
March 3, 2015
* All appeals submitted after the deadline date will be reviewed at the next scheduled Committee meeting.
Monday - Thursday: 8:30 am - 7:00 pm
Friday: 8:30 am - 12:00 pm
Location: Academic Building, 1st Floor
Office hours may be extended during the registration period and will be posted at that time.
Dr. Michelle Chapman, Director
Lamario Primas, Asst. Director
Tammy Jones, Financial Aid Banner Specialist
Jasmmin Henderson, Financial Counselor
Robin Owens, Verification Specialist
Cierra Cooper, Financial Aid Assistant
Latrice Jones, Financial Aid Specialist
Cheryl Johnson, Loan Coordinator