Atlanta Metropolitan State College
The Atlanta Metropolitan State College Financial Aid staff is committed to providing exceptional services in finding appropriate means to assist in paying for a college education. Our goal is to assist students in financing their college education and making good choices on funding. Our staff will assist you in every facet of the financial aid process and in making your education as affordable as possible.
Steps to Apply for Financial Aid
1. Apply for a FAFSA PIN (Personal Identification Number) use to electronically sign the FAFSA application www.pin.ed.gov.
2. Both student and parent (if dependent) should apply for a PIN.
3. Have copies of your 2013 Federal Tax Transcripts (if filed) on hand to complete the FAFSA.
The AMSC School Code is 012165.
4. Complete the 2014-2015 FAFSA: www.fafsa.ed.gov
** If eligible, please use the Data Retrieval Tool option to transfer all tax information from the IrS on the FAFSA**
** Please allow 7-10 business days for processing**
** If you are having difficulties with completing the FAFSA, view this FAFSA Training Video.
For additional information, please review the links on left menu.
Financial Aid Events/Dates
||SAP Deadline - 10 Week and 1st Mini Terms
||SAP Deadline - 8 Week Term
||SAP Deadline - 2nd Mini Term
* All appeals submitted after the deadline date will be reviewed at the next scheduled Committee meeting.
Financial Aid Counselors
To contact your Financial Aid Counselor.
If your last name begins with A-L your Financial Aid Counselor is Drew Johnson.
You can email him at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 404-756-4002.
If your last name begins with M-Z, your Financial Aid Counselor is Samantha Traylor.
You can email her at email@example.com or call 404-756-4002.
General Financial Aid Office Information
Dr. Michelle Chapman, Director
Mr. Lamario Primus, Asst. Director
Monday - Thursday: 8:30 am - 7:00 pm
Friday: 8:30 am - 12:00 pm
Location: Academic Building, 1st Floor
Office hours may be extended during the registration period and will be posted at that time.