Atlanta Metropolitan State College
Please click here to view the student orientation video.
This step is required if you are using online courses for the first time.
Step 1 - Determine your "Online Readiness"
The University System of Georgia's Student Online Readiness Tool (SORT) helps you to determine whether online learning is for you. The SORT tool will ask you questions in a variety of areas to access your preparedness for online courses and to assist you in understanding what to expect in an online course.
The questions on the SORT tool include topics:
- Technology experience
- Access to tools
- Study habits
- Goals and purposes
- Learning preferences & resources
Click here to begin your assessment.
Step 2 - Check your Computer Hardware and Software
One of the challenges many face with enrolling in and completing an online course is the accessibility to the required and recommended software and hardware. Different institutions, and even different courses within the same institution, have varying technology requirements. Check your hardware and software systems to determine it's compatibility with the online course you have selected.
Minimum hardware recommendations to take online courses:
- 2 Gigahertz P4 CPU with a minimum of 512 Megabytes of RAM (or of similar performance), 40 Gigabyte Hard Drive
- CD-ROM Drive with read/write capabilities
- USB port(s)
- 10/100 Ethernet Adapter for Broadband and/or 56K Data Modem for dialup network connection. Broadband or other high-speed internet connections are recommended for online courses.
- WiFi 802.11 a, b or g. Wireless network adapter (Laptops only & only if Wireless network connectivity is offered on campus)
- Sound Card, and Speakers or Headphones
- 1024 x 768 Monitor Resolution and Printer
Operating Systems recommended for online study:
- MS Windows XP (or later version) for PCs
- MAC OS 10 (or later version) for Apple Macintosh
Application Software recommended for online study:
***Remember, requirements for online study vary from institution to institution and from course to course. Check with your instructors or online course coordinator for these requirements.
Step 3 - Check your Internet Browser Compatibility
Is your internet browser compatible with the recommended specifications of an online course? Click here to determine if your browser is compatible.
Step 4 - Get Your Username & Password for GeorgiaView Vista login
After completing steps 1 - 3, you should now be able to make a well-informed decision to pursue online study. It's time to begin. The following steps will guide you in obtaining a username and password as well as provide you with information on support services available.
Continuing and current Georgia View Vista users :If you have used GeorgiaView Vista at AMSC, your username and password are still valid. New students and new GeorgiaView Vista users: To obtain access to your online class, you must first register for classes either online or on-campus. Click here to view the process for online course registration.
After registration, you will be provided a username and password that will allow you to login to GeorgiaView Vista, which is the online platform where online courses are taught. After you are registered, to obtain your username and password, go to the Academic Support Center, located on the 3rd Floor of the Library Building.
Below is contact information for the Academic Support Center:
Academic Support Center Contact Information and Operating Hours
Hours: 8:00 AM - 8:00 PM Monday - Thursday
8:00 AM - 5:00 PM Friday
10:00 AM - 2:00 PM Saturday
- When will my name & class appear in Vista ?
- Two Business Days after Course Registration.
- Now that I am ready to Login... What is URL address that should I go to access GeorgiaView Vista?
Have Additional Questions?
For help with password and other technical support issues:
Contact our 24/7 Online Support Center (1-877-708-2910) with your Username.
Use this link: http://help.view.usg.edu or
Contact the AMSC GeorgiaView Vista Administrator with your Username
Mr. Eze Nwaogu, WebCT Vista Administrator