Atlanta Metropolitan State College
For emergency assistance on campus call 404-756-4040 or from campus phones dial 4040. AMSC Department of Public Safety responds to all emergencies on campus and coordinates with local EMS and Fire service if needed.
- You can use any campus call box (situated throughout the campus parking lots and strategically across campus) or designated emergency phone (in various campus buildings) to report a campus emergency. Just pick up the receiver. Speak slowly and clearly to report the emergency and receive assistance.
What is an emergency? An emergency is any situation that requires IMMEDIATE police, fire, or medical response to preserve life or property. Call the Department of Public Safety to report problems such as:
- chemical spills
- assault or immediate danger of assault
- severe injuries or illnesses
- crimes in progress
- someone choking or drowning.
If you can’t remember 4040, call 911 and the appropriate agency will be dispatched.
Campus Emergency Numbers
Police, fire or medical emergencies: 4040 (from campus phones).
If you're calling on an Atlanta Metropolitan State College call-box phone, AMSC police will respond to your call directly and route it to local fire, ambulance, and other services.
On-campus Facilities-related emergencies
- Dial 404-756-4044 (Office of Environmental Health and Safety)
- Dial 404-756-4470 (Plant Operations)
AMSC Public Safety (Non-emergency Number) - 404-756-4477. Please utilize this number for all campus non-emergency communication with the AMSC Public Safety Department.
Building or Facilities Problems: Plant Operations (404-756-4470)
Health and Safety Problems: The Office of Environmental Health and Safety (404-756-4044)