Atlanta Metropolitan State College
Admissions Instructions and Checklist
Take the following steps to complete the admissions, financial aid, and registration processes. An Admission decision will be made after all required documents have been submitted to the Office of Admissions.
The Admissions Application
- Click here to submit an electronic application, or click here for a printable application. Complete all sections of the application to avoid delay.
- List all colleges, universities, and technical schools you previously attended. (Not listing all institutions will affect your admissions and financial aid status.)
- Be sure to sign and date your application.
- Submit your application along with a $20 application fee.
Documents and Credentials
(Submit required documents and credentials to the Office of Admissions)
- Submit official high school transcripts with graduation date. (Official high school transcripts must arrive in an envelope sealed by the high school or the local Board of Education).
- Submit official GED Test Scores.
- Submit all official college, university, or technical school transcripts to the Office of Admissions. (Official transcripts from postsecondary institutions must arrive in a sealed envelope and bear the institution's seal.
- Submit verification of immunizations to the Office of Admissions. (See the Certificate of Immunization for a list and description of required immunizations.)
- Submit SAT or ACT scores, if you are a freshman or transfer student with less than 30 hours of transfer credit. SAT or ACT scores are not required for admission, but they may be helpful in determining exemption from the taking the COMPASS Placement Exam.
Paying for Your Education
- Determine how you will pay for your college education.
- To determine whether you are eligible to receive federal financial aid, complete the financial aid application (FAFSA) by visiting the website, www.fafsa.ed.gov. Submit all required supporting documents to the AMSC Office of Financial Aid before the Financial Aid deadline for the semester for which you are applying.
- Follow-up on your admission and financial aid status. Go to the Financial Aid webpage for more information.
After you have been accepted for admission, carefully follow institutions that accompany your acceptance letter. Additional registration information may be found on the Office of the Registrar's webpage. If you intend to pay for your tuition and fees with financial aid, visit the financial aid website, and click on the financial aid link for verification that you have been awarded. Whether you are receiving financial aid, or paying for your tuition and fees from another source, your registration is not complete unitl the cashier stamps your financial aid statement "PAID."
Quick Phone Reference Directory
Office of Admissions (404-756-4004)
Registrar's Office (404-756-4001)
Public Safety (404-756-4477)
Financial Aid Office (404-756-4002)
International Applicant Advisor (404-756-4585)
Evening & Weekend Services ( 404-756-5676)